On Friday, December 6th, all of our staff from across the state came to our Johnstown office for a quarterly Service Coordination meeting. The day was full of agency updates, socializing with fellow coworkers, and a special presentation from motivational speaker Jeff Corle (pictured above right) from Windber, PA. We also recognized 6 staff members for their one-year anniversary (pictured above left) and celebrated the holidays with an Ugly Christmas sweater contest and games. A special thank you to our staff for their hard work and dedication to our participants!
Tag Archive for: highmark walk
Alleghenies United Cerebral Palsy is excited to be participating in the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community 2020 on two different dates and locations:
- Saturday, May 9th, 2020 at Stage AE in Pittsburgh, PA
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 at the Altoona Curve Stadium in Altoona, PA
Starting on February 1st we will be kicking off the 2020 Highmark Walk by recruiting walkers, creating teams, and raising funds!
All monies raised will go toward our Community Fund, used to benefit members of our communities experiencing financial need and sponsor scholarships awarded to high school seniors pursuing college degrees in human services. In previous years fundraising provided assistance to clients with outstanding bills, purchased uninsured medical equipment, car repairs, and holiday toys and clothes for families in our communities. Visit our website to learn more about the Community Fund https://bit.ly/35cYeln.
Can we count on your support in 2020?
Here’s what to do next:
- Start sharing! Support from outside agencies and individuals is our biggest help when it comes to the Highmark Walk. If you think you’d like to walk with us in 2020, start sharing about the walk with your coworkers, friends, and family to get them excited about joining your team!
- Start asking! It’s proven that asking early and frequently is the best way to secure team members and donations. The Highmark Walk offers numerous incentives both during the fundraising campaign and on walk day. AUCP even offers a few incentives when you choose to walk with us! The more team members and funds raised, the higher the chance of being a winner!
- Get ready! February 1st kicks-off the 2020 Highmark Walk when you can begin registering your teams and confirming donations. Stay tuned for more updates along the way!
To learn more about the Highmark Walk, you can visit our team pages:
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 814-915-4055 with any questions. Thank you in advance for your contribution and we hope to see you at the 2020 Highmark Walks!
AUCP Highmark Walk Team Manager
It is officially the week of the Highmark Walk 2019 and we are blown away by all of the donations we have been receiving! We can not wait for Saturday to be able to walk with all of our teammates for a healthier community!
Currently, we have:
- 8 teams
- 58 walkers
- $4,932 raised (98% towards our goal!)
We are really looking forward to all the fun that this year brings, but we can’t do it without you!
Would you consider walking with us?
- Register as a walker, virtually or in person
- Join us, on Saturday, May 18th at the Altoona Curve Stadium
- Find sponsors, raise money, and donate!
Click here to register and/or donate today!